All-inclusive, guided Iditarod Tours Start Package.
Iditarod Tours highlights: 2015 Iditarod Mushers Banquet, 2015 Iditarod Start and Re-start, Rainy Pass Checkpoint fly-in, Mushing experience, Private Glacier cruise, and Northern Lights viewing (weather permitting)!
2015 Iditarod Tours Start Package details
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015, through Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- 7 days / 6 nights · From Anchorage
- $2,950 per person, double occupancy, all inclusive (all accommodations, meals,transportation, activities) $400 single supplement
“I’ve come to realize that what I most appreciated of your guiding was how you let each of us “discover” the Iditarod in our own way, but without any of the usual burdens of researching and planning. You provided that perfect blend of freedom and support for each member of the group. From your website, I knew that we would be traveling with a world-class photo journalist. I now know that you are a world-class guide, too. We were so fortunate to have found you!” – Susan Yamada, Hawaii -
What you can expect from Wild Alaska Travel’s Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Start Tour?
- Attend the 2015 Iditarod Musher’s Start banquet
- Experience and photograph the start of the 2015 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Anchorage
- Experience and photograph the re-start of the 2015 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Willow
- Fly to the scenic Iditarod checkpoint of Rainy Pass
- Kennel Visit and Dog Mushing Experience
- Private Glacier Cruise in Prince William Sound
- Northern Lights viewing (weather permitting)
- And much more!
“Thanks for an adventure of a lifetime! I’m so glad I picked your Iditarod Start Tour. It was the perfect combination of activities and the accommodations were excellent. You were a great host! It was wonderful to not have to worry about anything but getting caught up in the excitement of the dogs.” - Kellee Ash, Texas -
2015 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Start Tour Itinerary
- Day 1 – Wednesday · Arrival, Welcome Dinner
- Day 2 – Thursday · Kennel visit and dog mushing experience, 2015 Iditarod Musher’s Banquet in Anchorage
- Day 3– Friday · Private Glacier Cruise in Prince William Sound
- Day 4 – Saturday · Ceremonial Start of the 2015 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Anchorage
- Day 5 – Sunday · Re-start of the 2015 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Willow
- Day 6 – Monday · Scenic fly-out to to Rainy Pass checkpoint to follow Iditarod race action all day, Farewell Dinner
- Day 7 – Tuesday · Departure
“Thanks for introducing us to the Iditarod world. You were a fantastic leader, very knowledgeable, responsive, accommodating, interactive and inclusive. Great traits for a great guide!” - Susan Eichor, Hawaii -