All-inclusive, guided Iditarod Tours Start Package.
Iditarod Tours highlights: 2014 Iditarod Mushers Banquet, 2014 Iditarod Start and Re-start, Rainy Pass Checkpoint fly-in, Mushing experience, Snow machine tour and Northern Lights viewing!
2014 Iditarod Tours Start Package details
- Thursday, February 27, 2014, through Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- 7 days / 6 nights · From Anchorage
- $2,750 per person + 5% Tax, double occupancy, all inclusive (all accommodations, meals,transportation, activities) $400 single supplement
- Maximum 9 guests
- All Iditarod Tours are guided by professional photographer and author Laurent Dick and Nan Eagleson
“I’ve come to realize that what I most appreciated of your guiding was how you let each of us “discover” the Iditarod in our own way, but without any of the usual burdens of researching and planning. You provided that perfect blend of freedom and support for each member of the group. From your website, I knew that we would be traveling with a world-class photo journalist. I now know that you are a world-class guide, too. We were so fortunate to have found you!” – Susan Yamada, Hawaii -
What you can expect from Wild Alaska Travel’s Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Start Tour?
- Attend the 2014 Iditarod Musher’s Start banquet
- Experience and photograph the start of the 2014 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Anchorage
- Experience and photograph the re-start of the 2014 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Willow
- Fly to the scenic Iditarod checkpoint of Rainy Pass
- Dog mushing experience: Mush your own team of dogs
- Go a snowmachine ride in the Chugach Mountains
- Northern Lights viewing
- And much more!
“Thanks for an adventure of a lifetime! I’m so glad I picked your Iditarod Start Tour. It was the perfect combination of activities and the accommodations were excellent. You were a great host! It was wonderful to not have to worry about anything but getting caught up in the excitement of the dogs.” - Kellee Ash, Texas -
2014 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Start Tour Itinerary
- Day 1 – Thursday · Arrival, 2014 Iditarod Musher’s Banquet in Anchorage
- Day 2 – Friday · Snow machine tour in the Chugach Mountains
- Day 3 – Saturday · Ceremonial Start of the 2014 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Anchorage
- Day 4 – Sunday · Re-start of the 2014 Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Willow
- Day 5 – Monday · Scenic fly-out to to Rainy Pass checkpoint to follow Iditarod race action all day
- Day 6 – Tuesday · Mushing experience in Willow, Farewell Dinner
- Day 7 – Wednesday · Departure
“Thanks for introducing us to the Iditarod world. You were a fantastic leader, very knowledgeable, responsive, accommodating, interactive and inclusive. Great traits for a great guide!” - Susan Eichor, Hawaii -